Guaranteed to be Your Type!
This R/C model assembly kit recreates the Type 10 tank, which was officially approved in 2010 and reflects the latest military technology and the needs of the modern Japan Ground Self Defense Force (JGSDF). Full cooperation from the JGSDF led to this highly accurate recreation of the compact Type 10 with 120mm smoothbore gun. Take control of the Type 10窶冱 smooth and powerful forward/reverse movement, a range of turns and pivots, turret rotation and gun elevation. Gun and hull recoil are also recreated. Authentic engine and firing sounds were recorded from the full-size tank and are coordinated with model actions. The main gun and coaxial machine gun flash when fired. A new gun barrel control system factors in model movement and elevation changes to keep main gun automatically trained in a direction set via transmitter. The dedicated gun barrel servo also controls movement after firing, and corrects elevation to prevent contact with turret rear when rotating at low elevation. This model is compatible with Item 53447 Tamiya Battle System (for 1/16 Scale R/C Tanks) (sold separately).
Rear-mounted pre-assembled gearbox features twin Torque-Tuned Type 540 motors for plenty of power. Power transmission mechanics follow those on a full-size tank: one motor controls forward/reverse; the other controls right and left track speed, allowing a realistic range of turns, plus pivoting.
Turret & Main Gun
Turret rotation is accompanied by realistic sounds, and its speed can be controlled via transmitter. When turret is rotated with gun lowered, gun elevation servo automatically raises the barrel to clear hull rear, then returns to original position. When firing, the main gun roars and muzzle flashes thanks to an orange LED in the barrel. Gun barrel recoils after firing via turret interior gearbox, and vehicle kickback is also recreated by drive gearbox. After firing, gun automatically goes to loading position then returns to previous firing angle.
About the Type 10 Tank
Officially approved in 2010, the Type 10 reflects the latest military technology and the needs of the modern Japan Ground Self Defense Force (JGSDF). This state-of-the-art vehicle features a L/44 120mm smoothbore main gun that possesses stabilizers, and an automatic target tracking system that functions with tremendous accuracy even when the Type 10 is on the move. Compatibility with the C4I (command, control, communications, computers, and intelligence) system ensures units operate in harmony. A 1,200hp diesel engine and continuously variable transmission secure impressive mobility in conjunction with the hydraulic semi-active suspension. Modular armor sections on the hull and turret provide top level protection, and can be removed to allow swift transportation of the Type 10. Deployment commenced in 2012, with units undertaking training exercises as the Japan Ground Self Defense Force looked to phase in the Type 10, in place of the Type 74.
- The highly realistic 12.7mm heavy machine gun depiction is mounted on the rail encircling the commander cupola.
- The quadruple smoke dischargers found on either side of the turret front are accuaretely recreated.
- Headlights, plus low-visibility indicator and side marker lamps are depicted using LEDs, adding further realism.
- Photo-etched parts up the authenticity, recreating turrer rear basket and radiator grille mesh, and more!
- Soft material is used in the recreation of the side skirts, for an extra layer of authenticity.
- LEDs depict low-visibility taillights and brake lamps (red), plus ordinary brake (red) and reverse (white) lamps.
- A dedicated servo controls gun barrel movement, giving a range from 6° depression to 10° elevation.
- 20 metal balls are embedded in the turret ring where they facilitate its smooth movement.
- When firing, the main gun roars and its muzzle flashes thanks to an orange LED in the barrel.
- The coaxial machine gun to the lower left of the main gun also lights up and emits extended firing noise.
- Dual speakers are contained in a plastic unit with bass reflex system for deep, rich sounds.
- The pre-assembled gearbox with twin torque-tuned Type 540 motors fits neatly into the rear of the model.
- Tank-level toughness is provided by a duralumin chassis plus die-cast drive sprockets, suspension arms and more.
- Pre-assembled tracks utilize metal pins and die-cast connectors for excellent reliability.
- Key R/C components and battery pack are stored in turret. Upper hull is attached to the mechanism deck via 4 magnets.
Gun Barrel Control System
Circuit boards are mounted in the turret and hull. Inspired by the precision targeting system on the real Type 10, this system - which includes a directional sensor - controls gun elevation and turret direction, training the gun in a direction set by the transmitter, even as the tank moves or climbs, and the turret rotates.
Control the model using a 4-channel transmitter!
Full Operation Set (Item 56036, Japan Market Only) conveniently includes 4-channel transmitter, 7.2V battery pack, and battery charger.
- Length: 596mm, Width: 207mm, Weight: 4050g
- Chassis, suspension arms, and drive sprocket are recreated by metal parts for a realistically weighty driving experience.
- Aluminum barrel forms the centerpiece of the accurate depiction of the main gun.
- Pre-assembled tracks are replicated accurately using durable plastic.
- All movements are accompanied by sounds emitted from the speaker unit mounted in the rear of the hull.
Separately Required Items
- 4-channel Transmitter縲
- Battery pack and charger縲
- 4x R6/AA/UM3 Batteries for transmitter
Also available as a display model with 1/16 scale figure
1/16 Scale Big Tank Series
Japan Ground Self Defense Force Type 10 Tank (Display Model)
This highly detailed display model shares the intuitive and highly realistic design of its R/C counterpart. It too is a perfect choice for those who want to admire the form of the JGSDF's state-of-the-art tank. A new 1/16 scale commander torso figure is included to add even greater realism.
Click on this link for more information!
- Brand: Tamiya
- Part No: HC-56037
- Scale: 1:16
- Power Source: Electric - Brushed
- Surface Type: On Road
- Vehicle Type: Tank / Military
- Build Level: Unassembled (Kit)
Free UK Delivery!
This item is over £100, so qualifies for free standard UK shipping!
We Ship Worldwide!
To see shipping costs simply add the item to your basket and choose your country from the drop down list on the view cart page.
No reviews yet!
No questions yet, why not ask one?