Two Allied fighters took on the Luftwaffe over the fields and towns of southern England back in the summer of 1940, one accounted for 60% of the RAF’s air victories, the other was the Spitfire. Of course, both were exemplary machines in their own way and whilst the Hurricane couldn’t match the speed of it’s BF109 adversary, it could out turn the German fighter and offered some advantage in that bullets would pass through its outdated fabric, wood and steel-tube structure without exploding. Pilots who converted from the earlier Hawker Hart (biplane) loved the Hurricane for it had all the qualities of its stable and secure predecessor, yet enhanced by livelier controls, added precision and enhanced performance.
Matching the distinctive humpback profile of the Hurricane whilst beautifully recreating the metal skin wing and wood / fabric rear fuselage detail, Seagull’s 82” span model of AE977 is not something to take for granted. Built from CNC-cut balsa and ply, wrapped in authentic matt Oracover and embellished with a scale detail, not to mention landing lights, a sprung tail wheel and inset trailing edge flaps, it’s a model that beautifully recreates the formidable full-size fighter. Fit a 33cc petrol engine, hook up the supplied mechanical retracts and she’ll fly like it too.
Seagull Hawker Hurricane 33cc (SEA-273) Features:
|Wingspan (mm): ||2083 |
|Length (mm): ||1486 |
|Total surface area (sq. in): ||1060 |
|Weight (lb): ||14.3 |
Seagull Hawker Hurricane 33cc (SEA-273) Includes:
- Lightweight, high quality balsa and plywood construction.
- Authentic scale colour scheme.
- Covered in genuine matt finish Oracover film.
- Factory painted fibreglass engine cowl.
- Detailed cockpit with lightweight painted pilot.
- Removable cockpit hatch for easy radio and fuel tank access.
- Superb flying characteristics.
- Plug-in outer wing panels simplify transportation and field assembly.
- Full hardware pack included for electric conversion.
- Numerous scale details.
- Authentic, inset, trailing edge flaps.
- Crystal clear screw-on canopy moulding.
- Mechanical retracts with sprung oleo-style legs.
Seagull Hawker Hurricane 33cc (SEA-273) Requires:
- 1 x Factory assembled and covered fuselage.
- 1 x Factory assembled and covered 3-piece wing set.
- 1 x Factory assembled and covered tail set.
- 1 x Clear canopy moulding.
- 1 x Pilot figure.
- 1 x Factory painted glass fibre cowl.
- 1 x Comprehensive hardware pack (screws, horns, pushrods, fuel tank etc.).
- 1 x Sprung / steerable tail wheel unit.
- 1 x Mechanical retract set with sprung (oleo style) legs.
- 1 x Comprehensive instruction manual.
- 1 x LED landing light set.
- 1 x 33cc petrol engine, four-stroke glow, or electric equivalent.
- 1 x 7-channel (minimum) computer transmitter and receiver combo.
- 10 x Standard-size, digital, high torque, metal gear servos (Hitec HS-5645MG).
- 1 x Propeller to suit chosen engine.
Free UK Delivery!
This item is over £100, so qualifies for free standard UK shipping!
We Ship Worldwide!
To see shipping costs simply add the item to your basket and choose your country from the drop down list on the view cart page.
No reviews yet! Write a Review
Write a Review
All reviews are subject to moderation
No questions yet, why not ask one?