Lord of the Dance
This R/C model assembly kit creates the Dancing Rider, a supremely fun 3-wheeled model that offers an exciting lean when cornering. An original body is included with the kit, and was designed under the supervision of famed Japanese artist Atsushi Arino. It is molded in lightweight polycarbonate, and comes with a molded driver figure for an extra touch of fun.
T3-01 Chassis: Designed for Fun
The T3-01 is a three-wheeled chassis comprised of two main sections (front and rear) connected by a center link; the front section houses R/C equipment and the power source, while the rear holds the integrated gearbox and motor. Positioned in the back of the front section, the servo applies motion to the rear section, which in turn makes the front lean. Support arms are moved by the servo, and help the model to self-right in the event that it turns onto its side. At the front, a telescopic fork has a built-in coil spring, while the rear features a cam-slide setup with cams on the rotating pitch axis: sliding left and right, they actuate the built-in coil spring to cushion the rear. A planetary differential gear is integrated into the rear axle.
- Length: 260mm
- Width: 135mm
- Height: 175mm
- Wheelbase: 196mm
- Tread (Rear): 91mm
- Tire Width/Diameter 21/61mm (Front), 25/59mm (Rear)
- Monocoque Chassis
- Rear-Wheel Drive
- Planetary Differential Gear
- Front Suspension: Telescopic Fork
- Rear Suspension: Cam-Slide
- Gear Ratio = 10.7:1
- Requires an Electronic Speed Controller (sold separately)
- Type 370 Motor included
Separately Required Items
- 2-Channel R/C System w/ESC
- R6/AA/UM3 batteries for transmitter
- Power source
- Stylish body design was overseen by Japanese artist Atsushi Arino, and is molded in lightweight polycarbonate.
- The body is inspired by delivery trikes commonly seen in Japan, and will be suited to a range of color schemes.
- T3-01 chassis is comprised of front (with R/C equipment and power source) and rear (motor, gearbox) sections.
- The trademark cornering lean is achieved by the servo acting on the rear section, in turn tilting the front.
- Internal spring in the front fork gives stability even at low speeds. A housing allows attachment of LEDs.
- A close-up on the telescopic front fork suspension, which gives a realistic ride.
- Cams on the rotating pitch axis slide left and right, cushioning the rear via the built-in coil spring.
- Case for R6/AA/UM3 batteries is included in the Japan spec version of the kit only.
- Model is compatible not only with R6/AA/UM3 batteries, but also Tamiya LF Battery LF1100-6.6V Racing Pack.
- Support arms move in concert with the steering servo, and aid the model in righting itself.
- Side guards both protect the body during crashes and hold it in place with the chassis.
- Also included are R/C deck parts for transponder, etc., and a driver figure for further realism.
- This handy stand can be used both when displaying the model and during the construction process.
- See the Dancing Rider in action!(Click here to see the video on the Tamiya official YouTube channel)
- Brand: Tamiya
- Part No: HC-57405
- Scale: 1:10
- Vehicle Type: Bike
- Power Source: Electric - Brushed
- Surface Type: On Road
- Build Level: Unassembled (Kit)
Two Simple UK Delivery Options
Royal mail at £3.50, or Express at £6.95.
Full details at checkout.
Some items cannot be sent via Royal Mail due to their restrictions.
We Ship Worldwide!
To see shipping costs simply add the item to your basket and choose your country from the drop down list on the view cart page.
No reviews yet!
Is there a cheaper battery option available for this model ?
Asked by John on 23rd January 2018
It's a bit of a strange size and HC-55105 is the only one Tamiya do.
You may be able to find an aftermarket battery that fits, but I'm afraid we don't know to one.
Answered by: Ben @ Wheelspin Models