June 14, 2018 - Arocs 3348 6x4 Tipper Truck model receives award!
Tamiya is proud to announce that our model of the Mercedes-Benz Arocs 3348 6x4 Tipper Truck has received the prestigious Truckmodell-Star award from a major German hobby industry publisher. Click on the image on the right for more information!
The Arocs series is a line of heavy-duty models introduced in 2013 by the world's leading truck manufacturer, Daimler AG (Germany). This R/C model assembly kit recreates the dual rear axle-driven Arocs 3348 6x4 tipper truck, which runs on a 12.8-liter turbocharged inline-6 engine capable of 480hp. The highly detailed body breathtakingly captures the slimline form of the truck cab, including the distinctive bucket tooth design grille. Depictions of headlight guards, front bumper and skid plate underneath are parts of a truly realistic finish.The assembly type 3-speed transmission allows gear changes via separately available 4-channel transmitter. The ladder frame chassis features aluminum side channels with resin cross members. A realistic 1-piece resin bed is reinforced with a metal frame. Power from the front-mounted motor is delivered to rear axles via propeller shaft; a built-in differential gear on each axle enables smooth cornering. Highly-realistic suspension utilizes metal leaf springs and friction dampers. The model enjoys easy driving thanks to the float-mounted die-cast front and reinforced resin rear axles.
- Length: 576mm, Width: 190mm, Height: 267mm, Weight: Approx. 4.3kg (*with R/C equipment and battery pack attached)
- Wheelbase: 257mm+103mm
- Tread: 156mm (Front), 138mm (Rear, Double Tire)
- Chassis: Aluminum & Polycarbonate Resin Ladder Frame
- Suspension: Front/Rear Leaf Springs
- Caster Angle: 0° (Front & Rear)
- Camber Angle: 0° (Front & Rear)
- Toe Angle: 0° (Front & Rear)
- Dampers: Front/Rear Aluminum Friction Dampers
- Drivetrain: Rear 2-Axle Drive
- Transmission: 3-Gear Transmission (gear shifting operated from transmitter)
- Gear Ratio: (1st Gear) 32.49:1, (2nd Gear) 17.76:1, (3rd Gear) 10.66:1
- Diff Gear: 3-Bevel Diff.
- Motor: TR Mighty-Tuned (35T)
- Tire Width/Diameter: 22/83mm (Front), 22/84mm(Rear)
- Highly detailed body with depictions of details such as intake duct, mirrors and much more!
- Features dedicated components for roof-side rails; tipper truck-specific points are faithfully captured.
- The pictured step is also specific to this tipper truck version of the 3348 Arocs.
- Sturdy resin bed has an aluminum frame and is mounted to the chassis on a subframe.
- TR Mighty-Tuned Motor (35T) is included to power the 3-speed transmission.
- Highly realistic rear suspension uses float-mounted reinforced resin axles and leaf springs.
- A close-up on the rear fender, which covers both axles. Decals depict non-slip surface.
- Why not install a separately sold Multi-Function Control unit for realistic lights, sounds and more?
- Realistic control of the rear bed can be enabled using the separately sold actuator set.
Separately Required Items
- 4-channel, 2-servo R/C unit with self-neutral stick type transmitter
- R6/AA/UM3 batteries for transmitter
- Battery pack & charger
Realistic Lights, Sounds, and Vibration
This set features parts to enable control of Tamiya 1/14 R/C tipper truck beds via separately sold transmitter. It includes geared motor, spindle shaft, link pieces and ACU-01 unit, and can raise beds carrying loads of up to 10kg. A clutch is installed to help prevent damage due to over-loading.
Click here to see the item page: Item 56545 Electric Actuator Set for 1/14 Scale Tipper Truck
Realistic Lights, Sounds, and Vibration
Tamiya Multi-Function Control Units (sold separately) offer light, sound, and vibration operation to accompany your R/C truck experience. Engine sounds have been digitally recorded from an actual truck, and together with air horn, gear shifting, and many other realistic sounds, give you the feeling that you are driving the real thing! Headlights, brake lights, fog lamp, hazard lights and turn signal operations are also at your fingertips.
- Brand: Tamiya
- Part No: HC-56357
- Scale: 1:14
- Vehicle Type:
• Construction Site
• Tractor Unit
- Power Source: Electric - Brushed
- Surface Type: On Road
- Build Level: Unassembled (Kit)
Free UK Delivery!
This item is over £100, so qualifies for free standard UK shipping!
We Ship Worldwide!
To see shipping costs simply add the item to your basket and choose your country from the drop down list on the view cart page.
No reviews yet!
Would there be any chance you could build this so it's rtr
Asked by Scott on 7th January 2020
We can certainly look into this for you. Build costs would be approx £150-250 depending on spec.
Answered by: Ben @ Wheelspin Models