3-Wheeled Leaning Fun!
This R/C model assembly kit creates the Dual Rider, a fun 3-wheeled model with a futuristic Takayuki Yamazaki-designed body featuring a prominent overarching canopy.It is molded in lightweight polycarbonate. The included driver figure offers numerous arm positions and headgear options, while separately sold LEDs can be used for the headlight.
- A futuristic, sweeping canopy is one highlight of the polycarbonate body designed by Takayuki Yamazaki.
- A look at the rear end of the model showcases the unique "chopped-off" style employed on the Dual Rider.
- T3-01 chassis is comprised of front (with R/C equipment and power source) and rear (motor, gearbox) sections.
- The headlight design features a digital motif that also provides the front with a futuristic air.
- Attaching light housing component to the front fork allows installation of separately sold LEDs.
- A close-up on the T-shirted driver figure, who was also designed by Takayuki Yamazaki.
- Options abound, with a selection of helmet styles, eye stickers, instrumentation and more!
- An internal spring built in to the front fork gives the Dual Rider great stability, even at low speeds.
- A close-up on the telescopic front fork suspension, which gives the model a realistic ride.
- Cornering lean is achieved by the servo acting on the cam slide suspension-fitted rear section.
- Support arms move in concert with the steering servo, and aid the model in righting itself.
- Case for R6/AA/UM3 batteries is included in the Japan spec version of the kit only.
- Left: Model is compatible not only with R6/AA/UM3 batteries, but also Tamiya LF Battery LF1100-6.6V Racing Pack.
- Right: Side guards both protect the body during crashes and hold it in place with the chassis.
- Left: This handy stand can be used both when displaying the model and during the construction process.
- Right: See the Dual Rider in action! (Click here to see the video on the Tamiya official YouTube channel)
T3-01 Chassis: Designed for Fun
The T3-01 is a three-wheeled chassis comprised of two main sections (front and rear) connected by a center link; the front section houses R/C equipment and the power source, while the rear holds the integrated gearbox and motor. Positioned in the back of the front section, the servo applies motion to the rear section, which in turn makes the front lean. Support arms are moved by the servo, and help the model to self-right in the event that it turns onto its side. At the front, a telescopic fork has a built-in coil spring, while the rear features a cam-slide setup with cams on the rotating pitch axis: sliding left and right, they actuate the built-in coil spring to cushion the rear. A planetary differential gear is integrated into the rear axle.
- Length: 260mm
- Width: 135mm
- Height: 185mm
- Wheelbase: 196mm
- Tread (Rear): 91mm
- Tire Width/Diameter 21/61mm (Front), 25/59mm (Rear)
- Monocoque Chassis
- Rear-Wheel Drive
- Planetary Differential Gear
- Front Suspension: Telescopic Fork
- Rear Suspension: Cam-Slide
- Gear Ratio = 10.7:1
- Requires an Electronic Speed Controller (sold separately)
- Type 370 Motor included
Separately Required Items
- 2-Channel R/C System w/ESC
- R6/AA/UM3 batteries for transmitter
- Power source
Royal mail at £3.50, or Express at £6.95.
Full details at checkout.
Some items cannot be sent via Royal Mail due to their restrictions.
To see shipping costs simply add the item to your basket and choose your country from the drop down list on the view cart page.
Our system will drop you an automated e-mail as soon as this product comes back into stock.
Want to reserve this product now and pay later? No problem!
Just add it to your basket and choose the 'instore collection' delivery option. Our system will take a £10.00 deposit and then email you as soon as stock arrives.
You can then arrange collection or delivery to suit yourself, knowing that your place in the queue is secure.
This is ideal for pre-ordering new release items!