This combo includes a multi channel radio system compatible with Tamiya Tractor units, along with the multi function control unit, steering servo and battery and charger
|1 x Standard Mains Trickle Charger For All 6v - 9.6v Packs #WM-022|
|2 x Savox SC0252 Digital Metal Geared Servo - 10.5Kg/cm - 0.19 Sec #SAV-SC0252MG|
|1 x Voltz 3000mAh NiMh Stick Pack - 7.2v - Tamiya Connector #VZ0015|
|1 x Tamiya MFC-01 Tractor Unit Multi Function Control Unit - US #HC-56511|
|1 x Carson Reflex Stick 2 - 6 Channel Radio System - 2.4Ghz #HC-C501006|
saving you £174.07 over RRP!
Volvo is a renowned actor in the global commercial vehicle market, with one of their flagship brands being the FH Series that underwent a full model change in 2012. This R/C model assembly kit recreates the 750hp 16.1-liter turbocharged inline-6 engine FH16 Globetrotter 750 6x4 timber truck from that range. The model has a realistic body, and a chassis featuring numerous metal parts. Gear changes are also possible via transmitter controls.
- Ladder frame features aluminum side channels with resin cross members.
- Depictions of stakes and cab rear headboard use a durable combination of resin and metal.
- Power from the front-mounted motor is delivered to rear axles via propeller shaft. A built-in differential gear on each axle enables smooth cornering.
- Highly-realistic suspension utilizes metal leaf springs and friction dampers. The model enjoys easy driving thanks to the float-mounted die-cast front and reinforced resin rear axles.
- The highly accurate body captures the FH16 Globetrotter form, with stainless steel photo-etched front grille, and cab interior details.
- TR Mighty Tuned motor (35T) provides plenty of power, even when driving with loads.
- This view shows off the brand new timber bed design, complete with stakes to keep the lumber load intact.
- Optional on the actual truck, the roof lamps give a realistic look, with horn, antennae and more.
- The distinctive side mirrors are recreated faithfully, by metal-plated parts for an authentic finish.
- Here is a close-up of the photo-etched parts, which adorn the finely molded depiction of the cab.
- 3-speed transmission allows gear changes on the move when used with a separately-sold 4ch transmitter.
- Rear trunnion type suspension mimics that of full size trucks. The friction damper has a metal cylinder.
- A close-up of the dual rear tires, which are given realistic tread pattern for plenty of grip.
- There is plenty of detail, highlighted here by side guards, tank shield and sanding gear depictions.
- Metal-plated resin headboard and resin stake components secure durability and superb realism.
- We haven't forgotten the details - the rear steps are recreated by resin parts with a plated finish.
- Why not use the separately sold MFC-03 unit to light up components such as the square taillights?
- Chains and lever block parts are also included in this comprehensive kit, for display purposes.
- Fitting the separately sold MFC-03 unit will also allow lighting up of headlights, fog lamps and more.
- Why not load up your timber truck with some realistic papercraft lumber - templates below!
(*logs in image are not papercraft)
- See the model in action! (Click here to see the video on the Tamiya official YouTube channel)
- Length: 733mm, Width: 194mm, Height: 306mm, Weight (with R/C equipment and battery pack): Approx. 4.35kg
- Wheelbase: 363＋103mm
- Tread: 155mm (Front), 138mm (Rear, Double Tire)
- Chassis: Aluminum & Polycarbonate Resin Ladder Frame
- Suspension: Front/Rear Leaf Springs
- Caster Angle: 0° (Front & Rear)
- Camber Angle: 0° (Front & Rear)
- Toe Angle: 0° (Front & Rear)
- Dampers: Aluminum Dummy Dampers (Front & Rear)
- Drivetrain: Rear Double Axle Drive
- Transmission: 3-gear transmission (shifts operated via transmitter)
- Gear Ratio: (1st Gear) 32.49:1, (2nd Gear) 17.76:1, (3rd Gear) 10.66:1
- Diff. Gear: 3-bevel differentials
- Motor: Type 540
- Tire Width/Diameter: 30mm/85mm (Front), 22mm/84mm (Rear)
Separately Required Items
- 4-Channel R/C System w/slide trim levers and self-neutral sticks
- Servos x2
- ESC or Multi-Function Control (MFC) Unit
- R6/AA/UM3 batteries for transmitter
- Battery Pack & Charger
Realistic Lights, Sounds, and Vibration
Tamiya Multi-Function Control Units (sold separately) offer light, sound, and vibration operation to accompany your R/C truck experience. Engine sounds have been digitally recorded from actual trucks, and together with air horn, gear shifting, and many other realistic sounds, give you the feeling that you are driving the real thing! Headlights, brake lights, fog lamp, hazard lights and turn signal operations are also at your fingertips.
Papercraft Log Materials
Tamiya is pleased to provide templates for the creation of papercraft logs - there are 2 types, and an instruction sheet for download at the links below:
Papercraft Log Sheet A (240mm)
Papercraft Log Sheet B (225mm)
This item is over £100, so qualifies for free standard UK shipping!
To see shipping costs simply add the item to your basket and choose your country from the drop down list on the view cart page.
Our system will drop you an automated e-mail as soon as this product comes back into stock.
Want to reserve this product now and pay later? No problem!
Just add it to your basket and choose the 'instore collection' delivery option. Our system will take a £10.00 deposit and then email you as soon as stock arrives.
You can then arrange collection or delivery to suit yourself, knowing that your place in the queue is secure.
This is ideal for pre-ordering new release items!