Honda's Chain-Driven Roadster
While Honda first gained worldwide acclaim for their motorcycles, they were also quick to branch out into manufacturing vehicles of the 4-wheeled kind. The Tokyo Motor Show in 1962 was the stage that they chose to debut their S500 roadster, which was quickly followed up in 1964 by a 606cc engine successor - the S600. That 606cc, 57hp unit was a 4-cylinder DOHC powerplant which bore close comparison even with racing engines of its day, and Honda took the creative approach of transmitting its power to the rear wheels of the car via chain drive units. A popular export to Europe and a familiar face on the racing circuit in Japan, the S600 is a vital piece of Japanese sports car heritage and a great addition to the Tamiya line-up.
About the Model
- This is a 1/24 scale plastic model assembly kit. Length: 136mm, Width: 60mm.
- The high-performance 4-cylinder DOHC engine is captured in great detail, including the four carburetors and exhaust manifold. It can be appreciated at any time thanks to the opening hood parts.
- The rear of the car features depictions of the chain drive units.
- Suspension, tubing and other details are realistically rendered.
- Metal-plated parts make authentically depict bumpers, side mirrors and front grille.
- Solid synthetic rubber tires.
- Can be assembled as an open-top or closed hard-top.
- The elegant, compact form of the S600 is reproduced with stunning accuracy that is bound to delight.
- Metal-plated parts are used to realistically recreate front grille, bumper, side mirrors and more!
- The rear of the car features circular brake lights and turn signals. Features separate reverse light parts.
- 4-cylinder DOHC engine is depicted at a 45-degree angle. S600 radiator cap position is captured faithfully.
- An authentic interior has parts molded in white to allow easier recreation of the vibrant S600 colors.
- 5-spoke wheels feature metal-plated hub caps, and are mounted with realistic synthetic rubber tires.
- Tamiya Color Paints for painting the Honda S600
Tamiya Colors Spray Colors Tamiya Colors
Spray Colors TS-8 Italian Red 85008
TS-26 Pure White 85026
Tamiya Colors Acrylic Colors
(Item No.) Enamel Colors
(Item No.) Tamiya Colors Acrylic Colors
(Item No.) Enamel Colors
(Item No.) X-1 Black 81501
80001 X-21 Flat Base 81521
80021 X-2 White 81502
80002 X-26 Clear Orange 81526
80026 X-5 Green 81505
80005 X-27 Clear Red 81527
80027 X-7 Red 81507
80007 XF-1 Flat Black 81701
80301 X-9 Brown 81509
80009 XF-2 Flat White 81702
80302 X-11 Chrome Silver 81511
80011 XF-16 Flat Aluminum 81716
80316 X-18 Semi Gloss Black 81518
80018 XF-56 Metallic Gray 81756 80356
- Useful tools in the construction of your model
Item 74095 Drill Bit (1.0mm)
Item 74112 Drill Bit (1.0mm)
- Bodywork to die for
Item 87036 Tamiya Modeling Wax
Item 87069 Tamiya Polishing Compound (Fine)
Item 87070 Tamiya Polishing Compound (Finish)
Item 87090 Tamiya Compound Applicator (3 Color Set)
Item 87151 Gloss Coating Varnish
- Present your model as it deserves to be displayed
Item 73004 Display Case C
- Brand: Tamiya
- Part No: HC-24340
- Scale: 1/24
Two Simple UK Delivery Options
Royal mail at £3.95, or Express at £6.95.
Full details at checkout.
Some items cannot be sent via Royal Mail due to their restrictions.
We Ship Worldwide!
To see shipping costs simply add the item to your basket and choose your country from the drop down list on the view cart page.
No reviews yet!
No questions yet, why not ask one?