What is it about trainer aircraft that makes them so endearing? From the Tiger Moth, to the Harvard, to the Chipmunk, we love 'em all and the T-28 is no exception. Offering chunky good looks, a desirable radial engine, a practical, well-mannered tricycle undercarriage layout and a sprightly performance the T-28 is a perfect subject for those who like their aerobatics wrapped in a scale package. Featuring flaps, fixed / sprung oleo-style undercarriage legs (with a retract option), pilots, cockpit detail, a painted glass fibre cowl, dummy engine detail, space-saving plug-in wing panels, and an authentic (wrapped in Oracover) colour scheme the Trojan is a perfect, practical, everyday model. Spanning 63' it's not too small, and too big, so you're sure to find yourself reaching for it in preference to other, less manageable aircraft.
Suitable for 10 to 15cc i.c. engines or equivalent electric motors the T-28 requires 5 - 6 channels, 6 - 7 servos and a 5-channel (minimum) transmitter. Construction follows the traditional route, adopting a CNC-cut balsa and ply airframe wrapped in Oracover and embellished with a pre-painted glass fibre cowl. It's an attractive package and one you'll be encouraged to regularly campaign at the patch.
Seagull North American T-28 Trojan 1.6m (63in) (SEA-258) Features:
|Wingspan (mm): ||1600 |
|Length (mm): ||1287 |
|Wing area (sq. in): ||350 |
|Weight (lb): ||8.8 - 9.9 |
Seagull North American T-28 Trojan 1.6m (63in) (SEA-258) Includes:
- Factory finished in matt Oracover.
- Scale colour scheme.
- Lightweight and tough CNC cut balsa and ply construction.
- Factory painted fibreglass cowl.
- Two piece wing for easy transport and storage.
- Oleo-style fixed tricycle undercarriage with retract option.
- Bottom-hinged flaps.
Seagull North American T-28 Trojan 1.6m (63in) (SEA-258) Requires:
- 1 x Factory assembled and covered fuselage.
- 1 x Factory assembled and covered wing set.
- 1 x Factory assembled and covered tail set.
- 1 x Clear canopy moulding.
- 1 x Factory painted glass fibre cowl.
- 1 x Aluminium tubular wing joiner, 19MM OD x 500mm
- 1 x Oleo-style, sprung, undercarriage leg set.
- 2 x Pilot figures.
- 1 x Comprehensive hardware pack (screws, horns, fuel tank etc.).
- 1 x Electric motor conversion pack.
- 1 x Comprehensive instruction manual.
- 1 x 10 - 15cc i.c. engine or equivalent electric powertrain.
- 1 x 5-channel (minimum) transmitter and receiver combo.
- 1 x Propeller to suit your chosen engine.
- 7 x Suitable standard size servos (i.c. version).
- Brand: Seagull
- Part No: 5500172
- Assembly Level: ARTF (Almost RTF)
- Flying Style: Sport
Free UK Delivery!
This item is over £100, so qualifies for free standard UK shipping!
We Ship Worldwide!
To see shipping costs simply add the item to your basket and choose your country from the drop down list on the view cart page.
No reviews yet!
can a get a retract set for seagull t28
Asked by David Lyle on 8th March 2019
We would suggest:
Answered by: Ben @ Wheelspin Models