1998 was a year to remember in motorcycling as Yamaha released the first YZF-R1; developed to provide thrilling speed on winding roads, it proved a highly popular bike. In 2015 the latest YZF-R1 model was released, designed with an evolved concept that would make it a more circuit-oriented bike. The range includes the YZF-R1M, which benefits from Yamaha's extensive MotoGP experience. It gets the most out of its 200hp 998cc 4-cylinder engine, with a class-leading electronics package to support the rider. A data logger and Communication Control Unit (CCU) record lap times and course information, while carbon fiber body cowls further boost performance. The long-running Tamiya 1/12 Motorcycle Series now welcomes this highly refined motorcycle into its stable of subjects.
About the Model
- This is a 1/12 scale plastic model assembly kit. Length: 172mm, width: 68mm, height: 97mm.
- The compact and refined YZF-R1M form is captured with great accuracy.
- A detailed depiction of the 4-cylinder 998cc engine is screw-affixed to the frame for an efficient and durable build.
- The front cowl features separate parts depicting headlights, position lights and inner cowl.
- Synthetic rubber tires are given authentic tread patterns.
- Comes with display stand included.
- The racy, MotoGP bike-inspired form is captured with customary Tamiya accuracy in 1/12 scale.
- Plenty of detail to drink in, with the 4-cylinder engine, radiator, oil cooler and much more!
- 998cc engine is attached to the Deltabox frame. Air chamber is also also depicted.
- Highly realistic recreations of Bridgestone Battlax Racing Street RS10 tires will catch the eye.
- Rear suspension features a screw-attached swing arm and utilizes a metal coil spring.
- A display stand is included in the kit, and will also be of use during the assembly process.
- Fine decals depict digital displays, while metal transfers are in the box to create mirror surfaces.
- The kit includes both single and tandem seat parts, allowing the modeler to choose which to create.
- Of course, clear parts are included to recreate lenses for the headlights and position lights.
- Left: The kickstand is screw-affixed. Those wishing to stand the bike on it when finished can select the appropriate angle during assembly.
- Right: Comes with a full range of decals to recreate the markings on the bike, plus masking stickers for the paint job.
- Left: Why not try separately sold Item 12684 1/12 Scale Yamaha YZF-R1M Front Fork Set to up the detail even further?
- Right: Separately-sold Item 12679 Carbon Pattern Decal (Plain Weave/Fine) is available to recreate carbon fiber surfaces.
Tamiya Color paints for painting the 1/12 Yamaha YZF-R1M
Tamiya Color Spray Paint Tamiya Color Spray Paint
TS-14 Black TS-51 Racing blue TS-17 Gloss aluminum TS-63 NATO black TS-21 Gold TS-71 Smoke TS-29 Semi gloss black TS-73 Clear orange TS-34 Camel yellow TS-83 Metallic silver
Tamiya Color Lacquer Paint Tamiya Color Lacquer Paint
LP-1 Black LP-38 Flat aluminum LP-2 White LP-45 Racing blue LP-3 Flat black LP-52 Clear red LP-5 Semi gloss black LP-53 Clear orange LP-11 Silver LP-60 NATO black
Tamiya Color Tamiya Color
X-2 White XF-1 Flat black X-7 Red XF-16 Flat aluminum X-11 Chrome silver XF-20 Medium grey X-27 Clear red XF-56 Metallic grey X-32 Titanium silver XF-85 Rubber black
- Ideal for recreating scorched metal look on chambers
Item 87088 Weathering Master D Set (Burnt Blue, Burnt Red, Oil Stain)
Item 87123 Tamiya Weathering Master F Set (Titanium/Light Gun Metal/Copper)
- Present your model as it deserves to be displayed
Item 73005 Display Case D
- Brand: Tamiya
- Part No: HC-14133
- Scale: 1/12
Two Simple UK Delivery Options
Royal mail at £3.50, or Express at £6.95.
Full details at checkout.
Some items cannot be sent via Royal Mail due to their restrictions.
We Ship Worldwide!
To see shipping costs simply add the item to your basket and choose your country from the drop down list on the view cart page.
No reviews yet!
No questions yet, why not ask one?