By popular demand the JP 480-Si has now been re-introduced and is still regarded as one of the best flying wings ever produced, mainly because of its flying attributes and durability. What makes the JP 480-Si such a favourite? Well, let's begin with the fact that it's easy and fast to build. There are only 4 parts to glue together!
Each kit comes with a roll of coloured tape but since most people like to personalise their flying wings we now offer 5 different colour tapes to enable you to come up with your own personalised design. The 480-Si, built as standard, is a lightweight flying wing that's designed to fly slowly with very little power, however the 480-Si can also be built with added strength to help it survive mid-air collisions and almost any crash landing. Adding strips of Glass weave tape from wingtip to wingtip before covering, increases the strength considerably. 25mm Glass weave tape is normally fine but 50mm can be used for maximum strength. But remember, a heavier model is harder to launch!
The recommended motor and prop combination has been matched to optimise the flight performance of the 480-Si. Mind you, that's not the whole story, the 480-Si is the ideal platform for adding lights and enjoying a spot of night flying. LED SMD strips are available from JP and can be easily added while building your wing. You can make your lights switchable by operating and powering them through a small 5-10A speed controller.
JP 480-Si Electric 48in Flying Wing (122cm) Features:
|Wingspan (mm): ||1220 (48") |
|Wing area (sq. ft.): ||2.8 |
|All-up weight (oz): ||30 (860g) |
|Channels req'd: ||3 (with delta mixing) |
JP 480-Si Electric 48in Flying Wing (122cm) Requires:
- Suitable for beginners and experts.
- Quick to build - buy today, fly tomorrow.
- High gloss polypropylene covering tape included.
- Can be built in 3 versions to suit anything from flat field flying to combat.
- Factory moulded wing speeds assembly.
- Servo and R/C cut-outs pre-moulded.
- EPP leading edge absorbs impact.
- 1 x 400 Torque I/R 2000 (A28-15) brushless motor (4445060).
- 1 x EnErG Pro 30A BEC ESC (4404880).
- 1 x APC-E 6 x 5.5" (4407471).
- 1 x EnErG Pro 2100mAh 3S 25C LiPo (4403710).
- 1 x 3-channel (minimum) radio combo with delta mixing.
- 2 x Hitec HS-311 Standard servos (2213190).
Two Simple UK Delivery Options
Royal mail at £3.50, or Express at £6.95.
Full details at checkout.
Some items cannot be sent via Royal Mail due to their restrictions.
We Ship Worldwide!
To see shipping costs simply add the item to your basket and choose your country from the drop down list on the view cart page.
No reviews yet! Write a Review
Write a Review
All reviews are subject to moderation
No questions yet, why not ask one?